Stay compliant with the latest mandatory Paymark Network upgrade.
Upgrade or lose connection. You will have received a letter from Paymark discussing why you need to upgrade your EFTPOS terminal software to avoid disconnection. This security and software update is designed to keep yours and your customers' data safe.
With over 130,000 terminals nationwide requiring an upgrade (52,000 of which need a mandatory security upgrade), you need to act now to make sure you stay compliant. The date is set: April 30, 2020 - and by then, all terminals must be upgraded.
If you don't upgrade to the latest version of Eftpos you risk:
- Not being able to take payments
- Not being PCI Compliant
It's time to act now. Get The Big Eftpos Compliance Upgrade: All You Need to Know guide now and find out if you're compliant.
Why you need to upgrade
All EFTPOS terminals connecting to the Paymark network need either a mandatory security update, a software update or both.
- All terminals that are currently on the Paymark network to meet new, mandatory security standards for data encryption by 30 April 2020
- Upgrading these security standards reduces the risk of fraud
- In addition to these security updates, all terminals transacting on the 2015 version of Paymark payment software must be upgraded to version 2017 or higher by 30 April 2020
What do I need to do?
For one, if you're already an Eftpos NZ customer, you are guaranteed FREE compliance upgrades for the length of your contract with us. Whether you need a software upgrade, mandatory security updates or both, we've got your back. If you're not a customer with us yet, no worries - we can still upgrade you.
- If your terminal simply needs a software upgrade, we can update your terminal remotely if your terminal has the Auto Update feature enabled
- If you need both a security and software update, we'll send you a brand-spanking new terminal that's upgraded and ready to use, straight out of the box
- For trickier installations, we'll send one of our local field service reps to your site to install new, upgraded terminals for you
Switch to Eftpos NZ
Not an Eftpos NZ customer? We can still upgrade you. By signing up to be with us, you'll be able to:
- Stop paying too much for payments
- Have your Eftpos payments made easy with a superior support service, fast turnaround to set up the machines and innovative solutions
- Have access to our Network: we're the only Eftpos provider in New Zealand with our own payment network and make it easy to manage your Eftpos solution with one contract and one point of contact for your payments provider